Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Strathroy, ON.
Meridian is an automotive company and the world leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high-quality magnesium and aluminum die cast components. We are driven to provide lightweight, innovative, and effective solutions for our distinguished automotive clients around the globe.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in a variety of Administrative HR-related job functions including recruitment, health and safety, employee relations, payroll & benefits, reporting, and data entry to support the current business plan.
· New Hires/Health and Safety– Organize new hire orientation and employee on-boarding, plex inputs, uniforms, safety boot vouchers invoice.
· Employee Relations – Support the HR generalists to coordinate employee engagement events and initiatives. Respond to employee questions. Provide boot/safety glasses vouchers when needed.
· HR Administration - Update employee files in HRIS system for new hires, changes, transfers, wage changes, and terminations. Tracks and files all employee-related documents i.e. Performance Warnings, Reviews, Policy Sign-offs, etc. Assists with the management of the Short-Term Disability, Accommodation, and Benefits programs.
· Reporting – Assist with daily and monthly HR reports, provide data into useable, presentable spreadsheets for management, and keep accurate records of employee changes and movement. Update HR metrics board monthly.
· Communication – Manage the internal communication channels, example: TV, bulletin boards, etc.
· Team Support - Provide administrative and team support and participate in departmental projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
· Other duties as required, including special projects as they arise.
· 1 years’ business experience in a Human Resources role dealing with a variety of tasks
· Minimum of Human Resources Diploma, or Bachelors’ Degree in a related discipline.
· Microsoft Office Professional with advanced Excel skills.
· Problem Solving and Analysis
· Strong interpersonal, time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
· Good knowledge of ESA
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Fluency in English
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Strong team ethic.
Meridian Lightweight Technologies is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
We thank all those interested in the position however only those applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Send resume All opportunities in Canada