Experienced Die Cast Operators
Die Cast Operator
Within the Manufacturing Department. To efficiently and safely set-up and operate all equipment within a production cell to assure a quality product is produced within a team environment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
1. A safe working environment achieved and maintained.
2. Quality product manufactured.
3. Customer production schedules met.
4. Uptime targets achieved.
5. Acceptable scrap levels achieved and maintained.
6. Teamwork and communications with peers, function leaders and managers developed.
7. Cooperation and assistance with service departments in a team atmosphere.
8. Self-development and improvement achieved.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
1. To work in a safe, efficient, and skillful manner, promoting high quality workmanship and good housekeeping.
2. To maintain tools and cell area in a safe, proper and clean condition.
3. To set up and operate the die cast machine and related equipment in an efficient and proper manner.
4. Verify daily check sheets are complete. Verify process check sheets are complete.
5. To communicate with peers, team leaders, supervisors, etc., in an efficient and courteous manner.
6. Perform daily, weekly and monthly PM’s.
7. To monitor and control the quality and process of the parts produced.
8. To monitor and control the quality and process of the die cast machine and related equipment.
9. Make sure all racks are tagged.
10. To assist maintenance, tool room and engineering personnel in the repair and continuous improvement activities.
11. Load ingots on conveyor.
12. To work within the guidelines of the company’s rules and guidelines and to comply with MIOSHA standards.
13. To work independently with minimal supervision in a professional manner.
14. To work all shifts including weekend and the necessary overtime to meet the customer requirements.
15. Assist with other duties as assigned.
1. Must be knowledgeable in SPC or willing to learn.
2. Must be familiar with hydraulics and pneumatics or willing to learn.
3. Must be able to use precision measuring equipment or willing to learn
4. Must be able to trouble shoot when equipment or quality problems are encountered. In an independent manner.
5. Must be familiar with the operations of the PLC’s or willing to learn.
6. Posses mechanical ability and be knowledgeable in the use of hand tools.
7. Must be team-orientated.
8. Able to work any shift including the weekend and necessary overtime.
9. Willing and able to work in a hot environment for short periods.
10. Quick to learn.
11. High school diploma/equivalent or willing to obtain.
12. Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing effectively.
Send resume All opportunities in USA