PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
To repair/maintain/improve all equipment associated with the production of die cast parts. This includes, but is not limited to: die cast machines, presses, robots, electric melting furnaces/pre-heaters, CNC’s, and other related assembly equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
1. Safe working environment achieved and maintained.
2. Demonstrate a good, systematic, and logical approach to trouble-shooting problems.
3. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of hydraulic theory.
4. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of electrical theory.
5. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of pneumatic theory.
6. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand various prints, schematics, and drawings.
7. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s (5, SLC500, 5000).
8. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Motoman and ABB Robots (Trouble-shoot and programming)
9. Demonstrate a good working knowledge of rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
10. Demonstrate the ability to perform general fabrication and welding proficiently.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
1. Communicate, clearly, with manufacturing department and maintenance team on equipment status and repairs required.
2. Complete work orders as assigned by Team-leader/Function-leader.
3. Perform weekly, monthly, yearly PM’s per the CMS.
4. Fill out work orders for work completed.
5. Diagnose equipment issues and make the appropriate repairs in a timely manner
6. Recommend permanent solutions to re-occurring equipment issues.
7. Recommend additional spare parts if required to maintain equipment.
8. Maintain 5-S standards for maintenance area.
9. Enroll and complete the required Meridian apprenticeship program in the allotted time frame. (If required)
10. Willing to work off-shifts and required overtime.
1. Have maintained a clean safety record for at least the past 5 years (lock-out, tag-out, others).
2. Have completed a formal apprenticeship program, or have completed the Meridian in-company apprenticeship program. Subject to training committee approval.
3. Have at least 5 years experience in low and high pressure hydraulic systems.
4. Have at least 5 years experience with pneumatic systems.
5. Have at least 5 years experience in 480 volt, and under, electrical systems.
6. Have at least 5 years experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s
7. Have at least 5 years experience Motoman/ABB robots.
8. Have at least 3 years experience with rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
9. Must be will to work off shifts, weekends, and required overtime.
Send resume All opportunities in USA